Day: 28 July 2014
The ten highest paid supermodel in the world
Gisele Bündchen reigns on the Forbes list for the seventh consecutive year. For the first four places, there are over thirty models: in addition to charm and a bit of luck needed in fact experience and a keen business sense
Charm, luck, experience and a great sense for business. These are the four qualities that used to appear on the Forbes list dedicated to the highest paid models in the world that takes into account the receipts recorded by the top between June of 2012 and June of 2013 and relies on trade agreements, licenses and shots taken . And Gisele Bündchen, queen of the catwalk for the seventh consecutive year with $ 42 million, has them all. If we are unable to sign a contract with the lingerie brand Victoria’s Secret’s it: six of the top in the chart are in fact “Angels” of the fashion house specializing in the depths of high range or have appeared in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. The company is very sensitive to the charm and talent, has over the years become a trademark of sure success, to spend more to sign additional contracts.
In the top ten turnover is substantial. On the other account that the supermodel is a golden world where, however, the presence (motherhood can block for a long time a model) and freshness are very heavy. Compared to last year are out of the top ten Natalia Vodianova, 3rd place in 2012 with $ 8.6 million; Doutzen Kroes on the 5th last year with 6.9 million last year and Alessandria Ambrosio in 2012 to 6th place with 6.6 million.
Contrary to what you might imagine, to win are not the young. Indeed …. the first four places in the ranking, there are over thirty including the legendary Kate Moss, who in January will celebrate forty years. The supermodel winning in fact do not just pull out, but thanks to years of experience, make use of the skills with their activities and production lines. And in this, the thirtysomething Bündchen, Kerr and Moss are great teachers.
Here’s the full top ten:
1) Gisele Bündchen, 32, with $ 42 million seizes the throne of the catwalks for the 7th year in a row, and even beats her husband,
quarterback Tom Brady (that year earned “only” 38.3 million) . The supermodel has experienced a slight decline in receipts compared to 2012, when he ended the year with as many as 45 million, on the other hand compared to 2006 is the leap side effect (four years ago, the top Brazilian had grossed only 25 millions). The supermodel, Victoria’s Secret Angel Town, last year won contracts with H & M (replacing Beyonce), Chanel (beating Rihanna) and David Yurman (marched to Kate Moss). However Bündchen derives most of its earnings from business partnerships and their own fashion lines (they also signed a Brazilian Ipanema flip-flops), as well as from its own cosmetics companies ecological Sejaa.
2) Miranda Kerr, 30, with $ 7.2 million, jumps up five places compared to a year ago (closed with 4 million). After the birth of
Flynn, his son with Orlando Bloom, supermodel has taken this year to work full time. The gains resulting contracts old (as with Victoria’s Secret which is Angel from 2007) and new (Mango, David Jones, Lipton and Quantas) as well as its own line of cosmetic products (Kora) that Kerr launched in 2009. Kerr is one of the protagonists of the Pirelli Calendar 2014
3) Adriana Lima, 33, with $ 6 million, earns a place compared to 2012, however, closed with 7.3 million dollars. Most of the flow from the contract with Victoria’s Secret angel is referred Lima since 2000. Supermodel also works with leading brands like Miu Miu, Donna Karan, Mavi Jeans and Metrocity.
4) Kate Moss, 39 years implored a living legend. Moss has managed to gain last year with $ 5.7 million (down from 2nd
got a year ago with well 9.2 million) thanks to contracts with Vogue Eyewear, Rimmel, Versace and Liu-Jo.
5) Liu Wen, 25 years, with $ 4.3 million is the first Chinese and the first super top model of the country to march in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. His name may explode in the coming years thanks to the Chinese market, according to estimates by the Boston Consulting Group, is expected to triple by 2020 and touch U.S. $ 200 billion. Among the contracts are due to Wen: H & M, Estee Lauder, Calvin Klein and Hugo Boss.
6) Hilary Rhoda, 26, with $ 4 million mainly due to the contract with Estée Lauder now in its seventh year.
7) Carolyn Murphy, 38, with $ 3.6 million, a gain position compared to 2012 ended with 3.5 million. Also thanks to the recent appearance in a TV show (Project Runway: all star), Murphy has managed to sign contracts with Estée Lauder, Ann Taylor Loft and Charles Pazolini.
8) Joan Smalls, 25 years, with $ 3.5 million. Smalls is the first Latin ambassador for Estée Lauder and has also worked with Victoria’s Secret, Chanel, Lacoste, Calvin Klein Jeans.
9) Candice Swanepoel, 25 years, with 3.3 million dollars, dating from the 10th in 2012 (with 3.1 million). At 24, he is among the youngest and grabs the top ranking thanks to a contract with Victoria’s Secret
10) Lara Stone, 30 years, with $ 3.2 million, down from 8th place last year closed with 3.8 million. The supermodel has a contract with Calvin Klein multibrand shops.