Day: 23 August 2014
THE BENEFITS OF SEA WATER
Every type of water you can imagine finds its way into our beauty routines at some point. You may not be making a conscious decision to incorporate different forms of water into your skincare regimen, but thermals, rose waters and others are ingredients in many of our face washes and sprays. That’s because these waters are nutrient-rich and can ease some of our least favorite skin issues.
Did you notice that after all of those summer days at the beach and dips in the ocean your skin looked fantastic? That’s not all the handy work of a bronzed face, it’s the sea water that is giving you that even skin tone. Used in ancient times to naturally heal cuts and strengthen the immune system, the benefits of sea water have been most commonly associated with clear skin. Sea water is loaded with magnesium that helps your skin retain moisture and diminishes skin issues like acne and dermatitis. It can reduce joint and muscle inflammation, calm the body (bye, bye, stress), and pump your skin full of vitamins and minerals as well.
In France, they practice thalassotherapy, which uses sea water and marine botanicals in spa treatments to accomplish the body nourishments above. Luckily, a trip to France or daily ocean visits aren’t necessary to enjoy the benefits. Now there are plenty of products made with sea water ingredients (like salt and botanicals) that not only give you those beach waves year round, but will also exfoliate, remove toxins, and leave your skin silky smooth.
Here are a just of few to add to your shower caddy before the season changes…
R to L: Shu Uemura Depsea Water Facial Mist, H20 Face Oasis Dual-Action Exfoliating Cleanser, Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Face Wash, Lush Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub, AHAVA Dead Sea Mud Dermud Intensive Hand Cream.
- Shu Uemura Depsea Water Facial Mist – This facial mist comes in fragrance-free or an array of aromatic scents that can be used to refresh your skin and give you a mid-day boost without leaving you looking oily. Similar to the mist I recommended from Europe, it’s your go-to product for quick hydration. The one above smells of sweet lavender.
- H20 Face Oasis Dual-Action Exfoliating Cleanser – H20 has done so many great things over the years. Here’s looking at you 212 Carolina Herrera collabo! This cleanser is just another to add to their list. It invigorates, exfoliates, and brightens. And with the help of sea lettuce, it firms!
- Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Face Wash – This inexpensive foam cleanser is gentle on the skin and has a pleasant coconut smell. Pacifica is cruelty-free and this wash is sulfate-free. It seems to be a favorite for those with sensitive skin and a beauty budget.
- Lush Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub – This scrub exfoliates the skin and clears pores, banishing blemishes and leaving your skin calm and balanced. The salt is mixed with avocado and coconut for hydrating oomph and soothing smell.
- AHAVA Dead Sea Mud Dermud Intensive Hand Cream – Our hands, like our face, show age first, so we want to take care of them. This rich, but grease-free, cream uses oils combined with ingredients from the Dead Sea will moisturize the driest of skin immediately. Come fall and winter, when the air begins to dry, this lotion will rid all of your dry skin woes. AHAVA has tons of other effective Dead Sea products with 5-star reviews!
Sara Dal Monte
Seguimi su FB.
But, what are the haircut trends to adopt this Fall/Winter? Swide has selected the most stylish of the season, take a look and let be inspired!
Short sexy bob
A short bob, in a playful version for the most malicious, is the right choice. Short straight bangs and not too structured cut on the side or you can opt for a light gradient at the bottom of the length. If you desire a glamorous effect pull the bangs back with gel.
If you desire a radical change you can try a boyish haircut. Too much? You can’t imagine how much sensuality will turn on this hairstyle with the right make up, so you will play with this gender gap by adopting a super feminine look.
Medium hair length is an evergreen for every woman, but for the Fall Winter 2014 2015 it is not styled in a classical way. After using a specific hair product for wet-shiny effect dry hair naturally, you will have a new glow and a less “usual” styling.
Medium length for your hair and a unstructured cut is perfect if you want just add volume to it, thanks to bon ton curls or fifties inspired hairstyle you’ll get a really sophisticated allure.
To cut or not to cut? That is the question! If you desire a long hairstyle don’t chop the lengths but just make your hair looks healthier and lighter cutting a bit by levels. Long hair is a bit of hard work, you have to take care of it and use the right products but in emergency cases you can always repair with some simple hairdos like chic ponytails or romantic braids.
Sara Dal Monte
Seguimi su FB.